The HEITS mission is to support higher education management by providing critical information technology salary information.
Higher Education Information for Technology Services (HEITS), is a privately owned company dedicated to the support of higher education Human Resource and Information Technology departments. HEITS has provided salary data and informative reports for over two decades. The salary data and reports are generated from the hundreds of participating colleges and universities and compiled anonymously.
History of HEITS
HEITS was founded in 1996 by Dr. Frank Thomas to give higher education institutions the data which would allow them to better manage their information technology salaries. Dr. Thomas was familiar with this need because of his 40+ years of experience leading information technology departments in higher education as a Chief Information Officer.
In order to to fully retire, Dr. Thomas passed the stewardship of HEITS to Jeff Howlett in 2017. As long time customer of HEITS and a current Higher Ed CIO, Jeff knew the critical need for the salary information HEITS provided. The transition has allowed HEITS to continue to serve the Higher Ed community.
About The HEITS TEAM
Dr. Frank Thomas
- BS in Mathematics from the University of Cincinnati
- MA in Mathematics from Kent State University
- PhD in Education from the University of Akron
- Honorary Doctorate in Science from Ubon Ratchathani University
- Korean War Veteran
- 40+ years in Higher Education Information Technology
- BS in Decision Science and Management Information Systems from George Mason University
- MBA from the University of Mary Washington
- 21+ years in Higher Education Information Technology
- Current Higher Education Chief Information Officer